Tuesday 31 December 2013

Happy New Year!

So here we are. We have reached the end of 2013 and begin our days in 2014.

The start of a new year is always a strange experience as it is the beginning of a new journey for all of us. Whether you have made a resolution for the new year or not, we all have new aims for us to try and achieve. So it is now that we look ahead to a new year.

Let us not forget what happened this year. We lost a piece of history in this world in Nelson Mandela. A man of hope, courage and love, he was a symbol for south Africa and proof that one person can make a difference if they believe in themselves. We had the beginnings of a new generation for Sony and Microsoft in the games industry. By this I mean the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One. We also have seen the potential of the Oculus Rift. This device could change the future of games (tho I won't be playing Outlast with it)!

There is plenty to discuss about what happened last year but really, I don't want to talk about the past. We are stepping into the first day of 2014 and we must re-new our chosen purpose. We must try and become better people and we must, step up a gear. As a programmer, I will try and get better at making games and just general problem solving. In order for me to focus on this I must remember that it is my future that matters. This is the same message for all of you.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that this is a new year. We must look at what we can do in this year and not what we did last year. Learn from our mistakes in the past and make 2014 a year of great achievements.

I wish all of you a happy new year and hope this year brings you glorious achievements to your life, HUZZAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment